Business Directory Plugin is the perfect solution for professionals who are looking for a simple directory website builder for WordPress! If you’re not tech savvy, no worries. You can quickly get started by installing this simple plugin. It doesn’t require any developer knowledge whatsoever on your end.
The Best Business Directory Plugin for WordPress
You’ve found the most popular, versatile, and easy to use WordPress directory plugin available. Increase interaction on your WordPress site, improve customer retention and add a generate revenue with our WordPress business directory plugin!
Our easy WordPress directory plugin allows you to take the listings you want and build a local directory, simple directory of providers, a real estate listings site, a Yellow-Pages directory, a Yelp clone with review sections, an address book directory, a book review site (like Goodreads), and much more.
Not only can you create business listings, but you can also build any other kind of listings directory. Build a team or employee directory, company directory, medical directory, and other web directory sites with our easy listing plugin.
Need a classifieds listings site? Try Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin – AWPCP.
Get Simple Listing Solutions
Here are just a few things our community is doing to build connections, help communities, and grow traffic with our directory website builder:
- Start a listing manager service for providers. (Like counselors, plumbers, electricians, house cleaning, locksmiths, therapists, wedding vendors, veterinarians, consultants, photographers, artists, authors, etc.)
- Make a Yelp-clone with reviews to connect travelers to hotels, tours, local businesses, and other visitor attractions.
- Help people find resources for a city or small community. (Like sporting club listings, a church directory, local farms with produce, and Chamber of Commerce.)
- Advertise businesses & sell listings to the owners.
- Offer listings as a membership feature.
- Help students make connections to study groups and an academic staff directory.
Create an online directory to become the “go to” source of your niche. Download Business Directory Plugin for WordPress now. It’s fast, easy, and flexible.
Free WordPress Listing Plugin Features
See all WordPress listing plugin features.
- Fully customizable form fields to submit listings
- Upload images per listing, allow restricted numbers of images based on fee plan
- Lots of image options: drag and drop image uploads, easy image ordering, primary image settings, thumbnail sizing and more
- Accept paid or free listings with Authorize.net
- Full support for recurring payments
- Allow for featured/sticky listings for an upgrade fee
- Widgets for Featured, Latest and Random listings, and a Search widget.
- Create multiple fee plans, which can be assigned to categories for posting
- Built in CSV import and export for easy directory listing creation
- Avoid spam listings with ReCaptcha
- Sorting options for categories, listings, and front-end for users to choose sort order
- Users who post can edit listings without access to the WP dashboard. Our directory software is a great listing manager.
- SEO Friendly using Yoast SEO, Rank Math, or All in One SEO
- Quick-search and sorting bar for listings for simple directory searches
- Advanced search screen with ability to show/hide fields available for search
- Mobile-friendly, responsive support when installed with a responsive theme
- Multilingual directories with WPML
- Integrates with popular plugins like NavXT Breadcrumbs and WP-PageNavi for easy use
Professional Directory Software Add-ons
Create an easy directory with more functionality with extra add-ons.
For a detailed list of features, please visit: BusinessDirectoryPlugin.com
- File Upload – Allow users to upload and manage attachments on listings. Include PDFs, text files, and images in business listings.
- Featured Levels – Assign features to paid or sticky listing plans to give users incentive to upgrade.
- ZIP Code Search – ZIP code/postal code radius and proximity searches supporting a number of countries.
- Regions – Location based listing result filtering.
- Ratings and Reviews – Create reviews with connections to each listing to rate listings (with Schema.org microformat). It’s a WordPress review plugin!
- Google Maps – Display the geo location of the listing for a geo directory (categories, search, details — with custom map sizes)
- Discount Codes – Ability to offer discount codes based on a % or fixed amount with expirations.
- Claim Listings – Post claimable listings that other users can pay (or not) to claim.
- Enhanced Categories – Display images or icons with categories, with Parent-Child Categories.
Payment Gateways for Paid Listings (Premium)
Premium Directory Themes
Transform your WP directory site the easy way with a few clicks. Our business directory templates are designed not to take over as a full WordPress theme.
For more information please visit businessdirectoryplugin.com
Please see our Documentation.We also have an FAQ Section and our Quick Start guide.
Please see our detailed Installation Guide, the Getting Started Guide for common how-to scenarios, and our Initial Setup page for instructions on how to get going quickly with our business directory software.
Full documentation for the plugin is also available.
For the definitive FAQ section, please visit the FAQ Section, or our Getting Started guide.
What types of directories can I build?
Our directory website builder software combined with our add-on modules is the most powerful directory plugin on the market. The options are limitless. Here are a few types of directories you can create:
- Business listings
- Company directory
- Team directory
- Member directory
- Staff directory / Employee directory
- Hotel directory
- Medical directory
- Restaurant directory
- Church directory
- Travel review directories
- Software review sites
- Professional directory
- Local provider listings (like a Yelp clone)
- A Yellow Pages directory
- Online magazine listings
- Website listings
- Book review sites
Can I accept paid and free listings?
Yes it can. You can do this by creating fee plans for 0.00 and some other paid amount at the same time. For more details, read this article.
Do you have video tutorials for building WordPress directories?
Yes we do. They can be found here.
Will this plugin work with my theme?
Our WP directory plugin will work with any well-written, WP compliant theme. Generally speaking, paid themes tend to be higher quality than free ones.
Whatever theme you pick, we recommend using the Theme Check plugin (available for free on WordPress.org) to validate a theme. The more errors and warnings you see on the theme when you run that check, the worse the theme is. You can read more about it at https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-check/
Can I translate my web directories?
Yes! We offer many user-provided translations under the /languages folder. It is already available in the following languages:
And you can also easily translate it yourself.
Is this plugin compatible with WordPress Multisite (WPMU)?
Yes it is. However, you cannot “network activate” the plugin (as this will share the database). Activate it on only the sub sites you need it.
This can be done under Plugins -> Add New as the Administrator user. Do not “network activate” as the “super admin”.
- Fix: Adding images to a listing from the back-end was causing js errors.
- Fix: Prevent the default free fee option from showing when payments are turned on.
- New: Make the button styling more consistent across all buttons in the directory. The option to Override the theme button styles better handles this now, and lets the theme handle it when turned off. This update added the “button” class to buttons throughout the plugin in order to allow themes to cover the styling.
- New: Load the BD CSS in an Elementor template. This helps the page look much closer to reality.
- New: Made the fee plans easier to use. The “unavailable” category has been removed and multiple fee plans can be created when payments are turned off.
- Perfomance: Load all scripts in the footer instead of header for better page loading times.
- Removed: The setting to force SSL on checkout has been removed. This is now standard practice.
- Fix: Cut down on server checkins when add-ons are installed. It was happening daily for each add-on, plus weekly for all of them. Now, the daily check has been eliminated.
- Fix: The listing title in the excerpt was showing twice in some themes.
- Fix: The email address in the contact form wasn’t required as it should have been.
- Fix: The featured listings shortcode wasn’t matching the listing order in the settings.
- Fix: Prevent movement in the search form when the page is loaded on most screen sizes.
- Code: Added wpbdp_admin_listing_owner_mode hook to switch between autocomplete or not for the user selector in the back-end (ajax or inline)
- Code: Start organizing the code structure.
- New: After a search, show the link to search again whether there are results or not.
- New: Added a phone number field to the contact form.
- New: Added a phone validator option for custom fields.
- Fix: Allow renewal reminder emails to be sent after a listing has expired and been switched to a draft.
- Fix: form_only=true in [businessdirectory-search form_only=true] wasn’t affecting the shortcode.
- Fix: Don’t show a back button when on the first page of the form.
- Fix: An warning message was showing in the admin area when it shouldn’t.
- Update for code styling and more escaping.
- New: Added support for using id=# in several shortcodes. ie [businessdirectory-socials id=251], [businessdirectory-buttons id=251], [businessdirectory-details id=251], [businessdirectory-images id=251]
- Fix: Check template override locations more consistently
- Fix: Payment gateway errors when checking out with 100% off code
- Fix: PHP error when viewing a category page with children
- Fix: Non-BD plugin were getting deactivated when activating a module from the Modules page
- Removed: The Ajax compatibility mode has been removed
- Removed: The ‘title’ option in businessdirectory-listings shortcode wasn’t being processed
- New: Allow the part/templates to be overridden
- New: Include the author column on the admin listings page
- New: Show the count in the search results
- Fix: Get rid of a couple PHP warnings
- New: Add settings to change the words “Directory”, “Listings”, and “Listing” under Listings -> General Settings.
- New: Add wpbdp_custom_strings hook to replace additional strings.
- Security: Sanitize and escape more settings (fees, fields, general settings)
See changelog for all versions