The Custom Functions Start Kit offers over a dozen easy to use fixes and functions for your WordPress site.
The Custom Functions Starter kit by https://draftpress.com offers over a dozen easy to use fixes and functions for your WordPress site.
Built for ease of use, the plugin features individual functions activated by simple checkboxes on the Tools > Custom Functions page.
Prevent hackers from discovering your WP version number.
Prevent users from seeing the default WP login errors, which may lead to hackers guessing registered usernames.
Check WP for the username “admin” (an easy target for hackers) and notifies the site owner.
Disable WP from automatically updating the core files.
Remove the theme and plugin editor from all users, limiting hackers (or users) from damaging your site if they gain access.
Remove the “WordPress Update” notification from non-admin users.
Add a column in the “All Posts” admin screen that will display the featured image of the post.
Save room in your database by disabling post revisions (except one autosave.)
Add the featured image to the RSS feed.
Prevent WordPress from sending and showing a ping to your site from your site.
Give the user role “contributor” permission to upload images.
Prevent authors from viewing any content besides their own.
Hide the WP admin bar from all users except administrators.
Also please check out our other plugins 🙂
You can install the Custom Functions Starter Kit plugin from your WordPress Dashboard or manually via FTP.
Custom Functions Starter Kitand install it.
custom-functions-starter-kit.zipfolder to your
/wp-content/pluginsdirectory (do not rename the folder)
* Updated and Tested to make compatible with WordPress 6.0.1
* Updated to make compatible with WordPress 5.8.1
* FIXED: Hide WordPress Version & Meta Data functionality
* Updated to make compatible with WordPress 5.7.2
* Updated to make compatible with WordPress 5.6
* Updated to make compatible with WordPress 5.5.1
* Updated to make compatible with WordPress 5.4.1
* Added: DraftPress as a contributor= 2.1.1 = 2019-09-05
* Updated to make compatible with WordPress 5.2.3
* FIXED: Warnings & Notices
* Updated to make compatible with WordPress 4.8
* Refactor the whole code according to WordPress coding standards
* FIXED: Script format was not compatible with certain WordPress installs
* IMPROVED: Admin UI
* UPDATED: Readme file and description