Getwid is a collection of 40+ Gutenberg blocks that greatly extends the library of existing core WordPress blocks and 35+ unique pre-made block templates for the Block Editor.
Getwid ships with all the common blocks available in other Gutenberg add-ons usually offered as premium plugins, PLUS Getwid has a great bunch of unique blocks!
- Designed for developers.
- Extensive attributes for each block.
- Real-time customization.
- Works great with any WordPress theme.
- Seamless interplay with the core Gutenberg blocks.
- Performance-oriented plugin.
Getwid free gutenberg blocks
Multifunctional static and dynamic blocks for Gutenberg:
- Section Block – build custom page section layouts of any type (set alignments; use video, slider and image backgrounds; change foregrounds, apply animation, play with colors and shapes, etc.).
- Advanced Heading Block – a rich typography control panel for creating catchy headings – access to Google fonts, styles, sizes, one-click text case conversion, spacing and colors.
- Google Maps Block – embed simple Google Maps with unlimited custom markers.
- Icon Block – create effective and clear user interfaces with a collection of customizable icons.
- Icon Box Block – construct responsive service boxes with icons, headings and text boxes using premade styles, modifying colors, sizes and hover effects.
- Image Box Block – get deeper into image presentation – add animation effects, apply the needed size in clicks and modify spacing.
- Social Links Block – add any social icons, customize their alignment for different devices, go with pre-made layouts and alter their size and spacing.
- Banner Block – advertise wisely with fully customizable banners for which you can define sizes, alignments, colors, animation effects and more tools for better presentation of your offerings.
- Image Slider Block – a better way to create image sliders with full control over navigation styles, image sizes and animation effects.
- Media & Text Slider Block – showcase brilliant sliders with texts, set custom content width and alignment, apply text and color overlays, choose slide and text animation effects individually.
- Button Group Block – add several call-to-action buttons in style and harmony; update width, alignment and direction for the whole set of buttons at the same time.
- Person Block – create simple and stunning team showcase sections with the settings for job titles, names and image sizes.
- Accordion Block – snap and functional accordion tabs section with customizable icons and heading types. Perfect for FAQ sections.
- Toggle Block – similar to Accordion block, but it lets users expand tabs manually.
- Tabs Block – horizontal or vertical tabs with a bunch of pre-set styles and customizable headings.
- Image Stack Gallery Block – breathtaking, fully customizable image galleries with seven different styles to unleash your creativity and find a perfect solution for your current WordPress theme design.
- Testimonial Block – a no-frills testimonial block with an author avatar, citation and name.
- Recent Posts Block – present your latest posts with custom metadata, list or grid layout and a choice of different output behaviors.
- Advanced Spacer Block – add a space between your blocks with an adjustable spacer – optionally hide it on mobile, tablet or desktop devices.
- Instagram Block – it provides an easy way to connect your Instagram to WordPress and creates a customizable live-feed gallery.
- Counter Block – show the most significant data about your business in numbers with the lightweight animated counters.
- Price Box Block – visualize any data by creating all sorts of comparison and pricing tables.
- Progress Bar Block – a simple animated horizontal progress bar with customizable colors.
- Circular Progress Bar Block – animated circular progress bars with the adjustable bar sickness, size and colors.
- Contact Form Block – a simple contact form with a traditional set of the form fields, customizable labels and support for reCAPTCHA.
- Post Carousel Block – use agile customization options to showcase posts, pages or custom post types in a catchy carousel with a custom layout.
- Price List Block – a perfect block for featuring restaurant menu prices or a table of contents with the adjustable headings, dotted lines, colors, and images.
- Post Slider Block – fetch your already existing posts, products or other custom post types data into a deeply tunable, stylish slider with several premade layouts.
- Custom Post Type Block – grid, list or custom view of any custom post types with numerous layout and style customization settings.
- Mailchimp Block – easy MailChimp API integration for adding email subscription forms.
- Countdown Block – a dynamic countdown timer with deeply customizable numeric values and time labels, for which you can set a font family and style, sizes, colors, spacing and more.
- Video Popup Block – display your Youtube, Vimeo or self-hosted videos in popups; the play video button, custom video covers, colors and sizes of the block containers are fully adjustable.
- Content Timeline Block – display chronological order of any events in a stylish timeline graph with such adjustable containers as headings, subheadings, images, etc.
- Image Hotspot Block – the Unique one on the Gutenberg addons market! place unlimited animated markers with fully customizable tooltips over your image to make it more informative and interactive.
- Table of Contents Block – an ordered or unordered table of contents that is based on your page headings (H2, H3, H4, etc.).
- Anchor Block – an easy tool to add quick page jumps to a certain part of a page using an HTML anchor #.
- Advanced Table Block – a table Gutenberg block that allows for merging cells, customizing background, and adjusting borders.
Settings and examples of each Getwid block. We are in the process of building more on-demand blocks for Gutenberg!
Getwid WordPress block theme
Check our free Getwid Base theme designed for full compatibility with Getwid plugin.
Download Getwid Base theme
Design boilerplate for developers
WordPress Blocks by Getwid can be easily styled to match your theme with a free Getwid Style Kit we created specifically for you. It comes with useful theme support snippets and CSS classes to help you simplify and accelerate the development process of your themes built with Getwid and Gutenberg blocks.
Download Getwid Style Kit
Pre-designed templates and blocks
This plugin comes with a library of pre-designed layouts to help you quickly build a beautiful website with the new block editor.
- Website hero and sub-hero section templates.
- About us and Contact us templates.
- Image gallery templates.
- Features and Services templates.
- Team and FAQ, etc.
Custom Field Filter and Meta Query
The Custom post type, Post slider, and Post carousel blocks can be extended with custom filters sourced by third-party plugins (WooCommerce, Advanced Custom Fields, Events Calendar etc.) that have their own custom fields. Getwid blocks use these fields as meta queries to allow you to organize automatic rendering of posts by a wider range of custom filters.
Collection of WordPress blocks
Our collection of extra WordPress blocks for Gutenberg page builder ships with a broad blocks bundle for the needs of business websites, startups, creative projects and a diversity of other niches. It enables you to create efficient landing pages, services pages, portfolios, and make your overall transition to Gutenberg less stressful!
It’s brought to you by MotoPress – a trusted WordPress developer with more than 7 years of experience in creating WordPress tools for content building.
Getwid, Copyright (C) 2019, MotoPress https://motopress.com/
Getwid plugin is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
- Animate.css, Copyright 2018 Daniel Eden, MIT license.
- React FontIconPicker, Copyright (c) 2018 Swashata Ghosh, MIT license.
- Font Awesome Free, Icons: CC BY 4.0, Fonts: SIL OFL 1.1, Code: MIT License.
- ImagesLoaded, Copyright David DeSandro, MIT License.
- Slik.js, Copyright 2017 Ken Wheeler, MIT license.
- Wow.js, Copyright 2016 Thomas Grainger, MIT license.
- CountUp.js, Copyright 2019 Jamie Perkins, MIT license.
- Waypoints.js, Copyright 2011-2012 Caleb Troughton, MIT license.
- Upload the plugin to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the Getwid WordPress plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use Getwid on your next page or post.
How to turn off blocks I don’t need in Getwid?
In Getwid version 1.5.3 or higher, you can disable WordPress blocks you don’t need via Settings > Writing > scroll down to Disable Getwid Blocks > select the needed blocks and click Save.
Does the plugin work with any WordPress theme?
Your theme is rather a container and styling mechanism for blocks. We made sure Getwid blocks maximum inherit default styles from your theme – unless you add your own styles! Getwid is also tested with the Twenty Twenty theme – they are a great couple.
What happens to my Getwid content if I deactivate the plugin?
Your content will be displayed in a simplified format; it’ll get back to the initial look after you reactivate Getwid.
Are Getwid blocks translation-ready?
Yes. The plugin works with major translation plugins.
Can I use my own icons?
Yes. By default Getwid uses Font Awesome icons but you can add your own ones.
Can I use custom fonts?
Yes. By default Getwid uses Google Fonts but you can disable them or add custom.
Can I change the “Recent Posts” block layout?
Yes. Copy this file:
Can I use it with other block plugins?
Definitely! You can use Getwid together with the core and third-party block plugins.
1.7.7, Nov 2 2021
- Fixed an issue with the empty terms list in the Custom Post Type and related blocks.
1.7.6, Oct 27 2021
- Security – sanitization and escaping.
1.7.5, Oct 1 2021
- Security – added nonces to prevent CSRF.
1.7.4, Jul 31 2021
- Fixed an issue with YouTube video in the Section block.
1.7.3, Jul 30 2021
- Revert changes in version 1.7.2.
1.7.2, Jul 29 2021
- Improved compatibility with WordPress 5.8.
- Added the ability to use post template parts and ACF template parts in the Query Loop Block.
1.7.1, Jul 02 2021
- New feature: Custom Field Filter. It allows you to extend the post filtering possibilities for the Custom post type, Post slider, and Post carousel blocks, e.g. use post filters sourced from third-party plugins like WooCommerce.
See the previous changelogs here.