The Staggs Product Configurator for WooCommerce offers you a complete toolkit to create 2D and 3D product configurators in WooCommerce.
Our configurator is built around the famous stackable image concept: export individual product image layers and the configurator will stack them upon each other, resulting in the final product image.
View demos on our website
Why Staggs Product Configurator
There are many product configurator plugins to choose from. Why should you choose the Staggs Product Configurator plugin for WooCommerce?
- Transform simple product pages into product configurators
- Custom option items and options groups for easy management
- Easy-to-use product configurator builder
- Responsive configurator design
- Showcase your product from multiple angles (all views will be updated simultaneously)
- Built-in hooks and filters for developers
- Configurator loads about just as fast as your regular product pages
The Staggs Product Configurator comes with a lot of features for free.
- Stackable images
- Display USPs
- Support for multiple product previews
- Product preview thumbnail labels
- Product preview thumbnails
- Real-time image preview and price calculation
- 9 different step types to choose from (including text and number fields)
- A built-in dark and light theme
- Support for custom theme
- Support for custom fonts
- Support for custom icons
- Slide-out panel for detailed descriptions
- Sticky add to cart button
- Works well in all popular themes
- Built right into your WordPress admin dashboard
- Seamless integration with WooCommerce
- Support for configurator page backgrounds (works best in full page layouts).
Our PRO features include:
- Display 3D product models (GLB and glTF)
- Change texture, color and variant of the 3D model
- Sharable configurator links
- Request invoice: generate PDFs
- Conditional step display
- Link your regular WooCommerce Simple Products to option items
- Display different image view for an option group on scroll
- CSV Import Export for convenient management
- Manage stock quantities for option items
The product configurator uses stackable image layers to help you save loads of time creating all the variation images yourselves! Building a product configurator with Staggs is just as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Create option groups: option groups bundle the option items together.
- Add option items (you can see option items as the single product variations).
- Build your configurable product with the created option groups.
Preparing the product configurator
Before we set up the configurator, we have to identify the configurator steps. What will we allow our customers to edit? What steps are there going to be? When we have that clear and layout out, we can start creating images for these step options.
The idea here is that you create an image for each product variation. So were are basically cutting the product in various pieces. All pieces combined should display the finished product. The cool thing about this is that you only have to create images for the various options in each step. Not for all the combinations, because the configurator will do that for you.
Important! Keep the same image sizes for all of your images for the configurator. Otherwise some parts may not be displayed correctly in the final product.
Creating the product configurator
When you have finished creating all the images, we can start adding the product configurator groups. The groups will be used to combine all the related options. With all option groups in place, we can then add all the individual options to the option groups, which will be used in the configurator.
With all the configurator groups in place, we only need to create the configurable product itself and link the option groups. And there you have it! Your first product configurator is complete.
Need help? Read the documentation for a detailed guide
Here at Staggs, we believe that product configurators are meant to be easy and fun. No more complex configurators and headaches. So we created Staggs, a product configurator for WooCommerce that allows you to easily set up a product configurator in just 3 steps.
staggs.zip to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Staggs’ tab in the admin menu
- Define your configurator option groups
- Add your configurator options in the options overview and link it to the option groups
- Create a new WooCommerce Simple product and check the box ‘Enable configurator’ in the product advanced tab
- Build your product configurator with available step options and configured option groups in the WooCommerce Admin Product Page
- Publish the product and enjoy!
What is this plugin?
This plugin offers a complete toolkit to create 2D and 3D configurable products in WooCommerce.
Why use this plugin?
This plugin allows you to transform your regular product pages into product configurators and product customizers! If you are looking for a new way to display your products, you should definitely try this one out!
Is the plugin free to use?
Absolutely! This plugin is free to use. But you can choose to upgrade to a paid version to get more options.
Does it require WooCommerce?
Yes, this plugin uses WooCommerce products and cart system for a convenient and familiar checkout process.
Does it support variable products?
No, we only support WooCommerce Simple Products. WooCommerce Variable Products are a kind of configurable product already.
Does it work with Elementor or any other page builder?
Sure! You can perfectly use any page builder in combination with the Staggs Product Configurator. However, you cannot modify the configurator product page layout.
Does it work for print-on-demand services?
No, we have specialized this toolkit for creating 2D and 3D configurable products only. This is not a product designer tool.
My question is not listed
If you have any questions regarding the product configurator plugin, you can reach us at email@example.com. We try to respond as soon as possible.
- Added support for Advanced Custom Fields
- Added support for Deposits & Partial Payments for WooCommerce
- Update Freemius SDK
- Added support for 3D model views (Premium)
- Implement native WooCommerce add to cart functionality
- Add option to display quantity input
- Add setting to display totals above add to cart button (instead of in the button)
- Update floating layout views
- Remove redundant settings to maintain clean and simple UI
- Added about page to help users get started
- Bug fixes
- Added support for multiple USP locations
- Added folder in uploads folder to store generated configurator images
- Added Request invoice support
- Save configuration and create sharable links
- Add support for preview labels and preview thumbnails
- Add multiple locations
- Allow to hide configurator arrows
- Speed up conditional step loads
- Add hooks and filters
- Update styling
- Add global stock settings
- Add global settings to upload your own configurator icons
- Update configurator notification display
- Add setting to choose product item ordering in groups (asc or desc)
- Improve mobile designs
- Some minor bug fixes
- Added support for multiple configurator layouts
- Added step default view and compact views
- Added box appearance rounded and squared
- Added support for tooltips in Icons and Swatches step
- Added toggle switch element for True-False step
- Added default WooCommerce product hooks for optimal plugin support
- Optionally set default option indication (like Included)
- Use default WooCommerce settings for redirecting to cart page
- Added welcome message to get you started even faster
- Added hooks and filters
- Fix loading custom fonts
- Added support for multiple conditional step rules
- Added support for limitation of draggable preview area
- Improve plugin admin appearance
- Minor performance improvements
- Bug fixes