The sequential order number for WooCommerce plugin enables you to re-arrange or format your existing and new WooCommerce order numbers into a consecutive or linear format.
WordPress uses an ID system for posts, pages, and media files. WooCommerce uses the same ID for order numbers too. When a new WooCommerce order is created it may not always get the next order in sequence as the ID may have already been used up by another post or page. Using this custom order number plugin, you will always get sequential numbers for your WooCommerce orders.
When you activate the sequential order number plugin, if you have no orders in your store, your orders will start counting from order number 1 or the custom starting number specified. If you have existing orders, the order number will pick up from your highest order number.
Features of the Sequential Order Number for WooCommerce Plugin
- Supports sequential order numbers for WooCommerce
- Set custom starting number for orders
- Let’s you add custom prefix to order numbers
- Add order date prefix
- Option to choose order template (order number only, prefix & order number, date & order number, etc.)
- Set custom order number length
- Option to keep existing order numbers
- Order number preview available
- Enable admin order search for custom order numbers
- Supports subscription orders
- Enable order tracking to easily find order details
- Supports WooCommerce custom order numbers
- Tested OK with PHP 8
- Tested OK with WooCommerce 5.6
Note: If you like to make any of your other plugins (invoice/payment/shipment) compatible with the Sequential Order Numbers for WooCommerce, please make the below tweak.
Instead of referencing $order->id or $order->get_id() when fetching order data, use $order->get_order_number()
Installation and Setup of the Sequential Order Number Plugin
To learn about the installation and setup of this free sequential order plugin, visit the WooCommerce sequential order number plugin documentation.
Importance of Sequential Order Numbers for WooCommerce
Usually, a WooCommerce store receives hundreds and thousands of orders each day. Each of these orders has to be recorded for the smooth functioning of the store and any future reference of the orders. When WooCommerce order numbers are linearly ordered it makes order management easy.
The WooCommerce Sequential order number plugin helps to make store management effortless by converting all order numbers to a sequential format. You can sort, delete, or change order numbers without taking up much time.
A sequential order number system has its advantages in improving the efficiency of the store and the pace of its transactions. Therefore, enabling your store to generate sequential or custom order numbers is a must for the effective management of your WooCommerce store orders.
Benefits of Sequential Order Numbers for WooCommerce
Makes store management easy – Sequential order numbers make store management easy and flexible. Consecutive order numbers helps easily estimate the orders received each day, thus, making order management easy for the store.
Helps you to find and track orders fast – If you have a huge WooCommerce store with orders pouring in each day, tracking a particular order is going to be a tiresome task. Thus, by assigning a unique identity to each order, it gets easy to track or find a particular order among thousands of orders.
Effortless estimation of the number of orders received – When order numbers are given in a sequence of natural numbers or alphabets it becomes easy to estimate the number of orders in your store within seconds.
Easier recording of orders – Sequential order numbers helps to record orders easily. When random numbers are given for orders store owner will have a hard time keeping a record of the orders.
WebToffee creates quality WordPress/WooCommerce plugins that are easy to use and customize. We are proud to have thousands of customers actively using our plugins across the globe.
Related plugins from WebToffee
Can I do custom formatting for the WooCommerce order numbers?
Yes, you can set a custom prefix and start number.
Does it work with subscription orders?
Yes, The plugin supports WooCommerce subscriptions.
Can I set an order number prefix/suffix?
You can set a custom prefix for WooCommerce order numbers using the plugin.
Can I add custom order number width?
Yes, you can set a custom order number width.
How to make my payment gateway plugin compatible with the sequential order plugin?
Using the below tweak you can make your payment/invoice/shipping plugin compatible with the Sequential orders. Instead of referencing $order->id or $order->get_id() when fetching order data, use $order->get_order_number()
Is it possible to add order date prefix to sequential order numbers?
Yes. It’s possible to add order date prefix.
- [Add] – Pro version coming soon banner.
- [Compatibility] – PayPal for WooCommerce By AngellEye.
- [Compatibility] – WordPress 5.8.1
- [Compatibility] – WooCommerce 5.6
- [Add] – Sample sequential order number preview.
- [Fix] – Issue of returning post_id instead of WooCommerce sequential order numbers when order placed through POS plugins is fixed.
- [Fix] – Returning post_id in order confirmation mail is fixed now.
- [Compatibility] – Orders created via Woocommerce rest api.
- [Compatibility] – Point of Sale (POS) for Woocommerce by BizSwoop.
- [Compatibility] – WooCommerce POS by kilbot.
- [Compatibility] – WordPress 5.8
- [Compatibility] – WooCommerce 5.5.2
- Fix – Issue of returning post_id instead of WooCommerce sequential order numbers in some sites is fixed.
- Feature – Order template selection for sequential order numbers.
- Feature – Order date prefix for sequential order numbers.
- Bug Fix – Sequential order number skipping.
- Enhancement – Help text and tool tips.
- Enhancement – UI Improvement
- Enhancement – Uninstall feedback Improvement
- WooCommerce 5.4.1 Tested OK
- Bug Fix- Activation issue in multisite
- WordPress 5.7.2 Tested OK
- WooCommerce 5.3 Tested OK
- Readme Update
- Added option to set WooCommerce order numbers’ width.
- WooCommerce 5.2.2 Tested OK
- Bug fix – Sequential order number skipping.
- Uninstall feedback improvement
- WooCommerce 5.2.1 Tested OK
- WordPress 5.7.1 Tested OK
- Bug fix – Plugin version number missing in uninstall feedback.
- WooCommerce 5.1 Tested OK
- WordPress 5.7 Tested OK
- FAQ Update.
- PO File Update.
- WPML Compatibility
- WooCommerce 5.0 Tested OK
- WordPress 5.6.2 Tested OK
- Moved plugin settings page to WooCommerce settings page.
- Added Option to Keep Existing Order Numbers.
- Added Option to Enable/Disable order tracking using [woocommerce_order_tracking] shortcode.
- Added Option to Enable/Disable admin order search by woocommerce custom order numbers.
- Settings Page Style Update.
- Help text Improvement
- Screenshot Update.
- WooCommerce 4.9.2 Tested OK
- WordPress 5.6.1 Tested OK
- Review request banner.
- Settings Page Style Update.
- Screenshot Update.
- WooCommerce 4.9.1 Tested OK
- Added support for [woocommerce_order_tracking] shortcode.
- Readme Update.
- Screenshot Update.
- PHP8 Compatibility Updates.
- Added compatibility with Woocommerce Subscription
- Added compatibility with Webtoffee Subscription
- Bug fix – Duplicating order numbers.
- WooCommerce 4.8.0 Tested OK
- WordPress 5.6 Tested OK
- WooCommerce 4.3.3 Tested OK
- WooCommerce 4.3.1 Tested OK
- WooCommerce 4.0.1 Tested OK
- WordPress 5.4 Tested OK
- WooCommerce 4.0.0 Tested OK
- Feedback Capture Improvement.
- Tested OK with WP 5.4 Beta and WooCommerce 3.9.1
- Tested OK with WP 5.3 and WooCommerce 3.8.1
- Bug fix with last update.
- Introduced Settings
- Custom Start Number
- Custom Prefix
- Tested OK with WP 5.2 and WooCommerce 3.6.5
- Tested OK with WP 5.1.1 and WooCommerce 3.5.7
- Tested OK with WP 5.0.3 and WooCommerce 3.5.3
- Tested OK with WooCommerce 3.5.1
- Fixed issue with dashboard order search functionality.